Sunday, November 21, 2010

1000 Random Acts of Culture!

The last weekend in October, shoppers at the the Macy's in Philadelphia (the old Wanamaker building) were surprised when over 600 choristers who were there mingling with regular shoppers suddenly burst into Handel's Hallelujah Chorus. Accompanied by the Wanamaker Organ - the world's largest pipe organ - the singers burst into song at exactly noon. It's pretty awesome.



This was part of what is called "1000 Random Acts of Culture"  the Knight Foundation will be doing over the next three years across the country. 
I got goosebumps just from watching.....can't imagine what it must have been like to have been there in person! Awesome job!

3 comments:

  1. so glad you stopped by my little blog! i am so excited to show off liz's work, it is fabulous. you should be so proud of her!

    love your blog, so glad you started you one… now i'll have to convince my mama :)

    blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for following my blog. We actually have quite a lot in common, our name, I have two married daughters and I am a fifty something! Hope I continue to produce work you enjoy. Look out for my Dec giveaway.

    ReplyDelete