Thursday, January 13, 2011

Foto Friday....Weeks 1 and 2

Last week I joined a Flickr group that challenges us to take pictures every week this year. The name of the project is Paint The Moon Let's Do 52. Check out their blog to see what the excitement is all about!


The theme for Week 1 was New Beginnings..... 
Here is the entry that I submitted.....




My new beginning is the first marriage of one of my grown children. My youngest, my only son, was married to his high school sweetheart the week before Christmas. I snapped this picture during their first dance...I used Paint The Moon's Sugar Cookies from the Sweet Treats Photoshop Actions Set. The first pic is the original, the second has a dark vignette added and the third has a light vignette effect added.
This moment was bittersweet for me...I'm thrilled for my son and his lovely bride, but my role as a mother is changing. Think I'm still trying to figure it all out...(the next wedding is in August!)


The theme for this week . . . Week 2 is Togetherness




Togetherness was Em and Ebony playing together in the freshly fallen snow!I used some sweet photoshop actions to edit the picture from Paint The Moon ...check out their site for some awesome freebies!

No comments:

Post a Comment